The Arizona Cardinals have plenty of wheeling and dealing that needs to get done this offseason.…
Cardinals: Ranking the Fifth-Year Players
2. Bryant McFadden: The Pittsburgh Steelers transplant was hit or miss in his first year in the desert. This free agent signing was the biggest name the Cardinals brought in last offseason, but the opposition respected Dominique Rodger-Cromartie's athleticism and pick-worthiness more than McFadden's experience. McFadden saw the majority of passes thrown his way. The majority of the time he was up for the challenge. But as the season wore on, his side of the field gave up too many plays. McFadden's inconsistent play was exposed further when Rodgers-Cromartie went out with injury. The former second-rounder will have to shape up or ship out.
3. Ben Graham: The punter was named a Pro Bowl alternate for a reason. The first Australian to ever appear in the Super Bowl, averaged more than 47 yards a punt and kept the ball inside the 20 almost 50 percent of the time. Statistically speaking, Graham was considered the eighth best punter of the 2009 season.
4. Jason Wright: After four seasons with the Cleveland Browns and a rookie season with the Atlanta Falcons, Wright made his way to Arizona where the running back saw the most playing time in passing situations. Wright compiled the first multi-touchdown season of his career with a pair of receiving touchdowns. On the year, Wright caught nine passes for 53 yards and rushed three carries for 17 yards. The Cardinals should continue to use Wright's versatility, as he can also line up at fullback if needed.
What the Cardinals 2005 draft class looked like....
1. Antrel Rolle DB Miami (Fla.)
2. J.J. Arrington RB California
3. Eric Green DB Virginia Tech
3. Darryl Blackstock LB Virginia
4. Elton Brown G Virginia
5. Lance Mitchell LB Oklahoma
7. LeRon McCoy WR Indiana (PA)
Become friends with AZRedReport.com on Facebook by clicking here.
CardinalFootballTalk.com Recommended Stories
Week 12: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risks! Since the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
Our weekly look at how the CFB Playoff will look in December based on the newest Top 25...Read More
Hardin blasts Goodell over Peterson case
Adrian Peterson’s defense attorney Rusty Hardin blasted the NFL commissioner over his handling of Peterson’s suspension, saying he is trying to make up for the NFL’s handling of the Ray Rice situation…Read More
The Biggest Reveals of the 2014 LA Auto Show
These eight glorious machines demonstrate the future of automotive design and technology.Read More
The Death of a Trophy Bass Lake
One big bass hunter's dream might have just died with the Golden Alga bloom on this trophy bass fishery in CaliforniaRead More