The Arizona Cardinals have plenty of wheeling and dealing that needs to get done this offseason.…
Cardinals: Ranking the Fifth-Year Players
2. Bryant McFadden: The Pittsburgh Steelers transplant was hit or miss in his first year in the desert. This free agent signing was the biggest name the Cardinals brought in last offseason, but the opposition respected Dominique Rodger-Cromartie's athleticism and pick-worthiness more than McFadden's experience. McFadden saw the majority of passes thrown his way. The majority of the time he was up for the challenge. But as the season wore on, his side of the field gave up too many plays. McFadden's inconsistent play was exposed further when Rodgers-Cromartie went out with injury. The former second-rounder will have to shape up or ship out.
3. Ben Graham: The punter was named a Pro Bowl alternate for a reason. The first Australian to ever appear in the Super Bowl, averaged more than 47 yards a punt and kept the ball inside the 20 almost 50 percent of the time. Statistically speaking, Graham was considered the eighth best punter of the 2009 season.
4. Jason Wright: After four seasons with the Cleveland Browns and a rookie season with the Atlanta Falcons, Wright made his way to Arizona where the running back saw the most playing time in passing situations. Wright compiled the first multi-touchdown season of his career with a pair of receiving touchdowns. On the year, Wright caught nine passes for 53 yards and rushed three carries for 17 yards. The Cardinals should continue to use Wright's versatility, as he can also line up at fullback if needed.
What the Cardinals 2005 draft class looked like....
1. Antrel Rolle DB Miami (Fla.)
2. J.J. Arrington RB California
3. Eric Green DB Virginia Tech
3. Darryl Blackstock LB Virginia
4. Elton Brown G Virginia
5. Lance Mitchell LB Oklahoma
7. LeRon McCoy WR Indiana (PA)
Become friends with AZRedReport.com on Facebook by clicking here.
CardinalFootballTalk.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Waiver Wire Wednesday
Dr. Roto believes Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry will overtake WR Brian Hartline as the team's No. 2 receiver sooner rather than later. Stay ahead of the curve with Dr. Roto!Read More
Giants Strike First In Game One Rout
The San Francisco Giants came out swinging in Game One of the 2014 World Series, scoring three times in the first inning and never looking back.Read More
Three of earth’s best ingredients combined into one succulent strip. Tailgaters will bow in appreciation.Read More
National Anthem Played with a Gun!
Musical targets? Yes, this guy plays the national anthem while shooting musical targets.Read More
Late Season Eastern Steel
NAFC friend, Frank Scalish, is best known for his achievements as a professional bass fisherman, but when the weather cools, the tourneys are over and the last bass has been weighed, he dons waders,…Read More