The Arizona Cardinals face a major transition period. The change at quarterback will certainly give…
Cardinals: Ranking the Seniors
2. Matt Leinart: Although Dennis Green described Leinart as a gift from heaven, he's been in purgatory for much of his career. Leinart's been in limbo sitting behind a future Hall of Fame quarterback. When the 10th overall selection addressed the media after the draft, he alluded to being in Warner's shadows and his plans of learning from the great quarterback. The Cardinals certainly hope he's taken more than just notes. Leinart has appeared to have matured, looks comfortable in the pocket and the huddle and his arm strength continues to impress. But there are certainly still big question marks that surround Leinart's ability to lead an NFL team, but so far the Cardinals have expressed confidence in Leinart and given him the go-ahead.
3. Gabe Watson: The defensive lineman appeared in all 16 games last season but started in none. He's become a reliable backup but with some changes expected on the line, he'll have to do more to earn his keep.
4. Stephen Spach: The tight end out of Fresno State found his way to the desert by way of the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles. Spach's seen his most production in red, starting a total of 11 games for the Cardinals. But he hasn't found his niche in the Cardinals offense. Anthony Becht takes the cake for best blocker at that position, while Ben Patrick- when healthy and following league rules- helps more in the receiving game than the other tight ends.
Cardinals 2006 Draft Class
1. Matt Leinart QB USC
2. Deuce Lutui OG USC
3. Leonard Pope TE Georgia
4. Gabe Watson DT Michigan
5. Brandon Johnson OLB Louisville
6. Jonathan Lewis DT Virginia Tech
7. Todd Watkins WR Brigham Young
Become friends with AZRedReport.com on Facebook by clicking here.
CardinalFootballTalk.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More